Open Positions - Product Manager
Position: Product Manager (FULL TIME)
Location: Sunshine Tienda Headquarters in New Braunfels, TX
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications; classified as full-time salaried; exempt and not eligible for overtime.
Travel: May be required on occasion (<10%)
We are excited to find an experienced Product Manager to join our team and make a sizable impact on our small and fast growing company! This candidate will manage the production life cycle of all of our jewelry and accessory products ensuring that product is of the highest quality, it’s received on time and that adequate stock is maintained in inventory for both our retail and wholesale business.
The ideal candidate fully understands and appreciates the importance of our customer's happiness and is determined to ensure the customer has the best experience possible. The ideal candidate should be excited to work for and make a massive impact on a small yet fast growing company. In the end the ideal candidate will be guided in everything they do at Sunshine Tienda by our mission to ensure that our customer will “Be Vacation Happy.”
Qualifications & Skills:
- 2+ year minimum experience in managing the production life cycle of jewelry, apparel or other related accessory products.
- Proficient at working and managing critical paths towards business goals.
- Analytically driven to continually improve overall production life cycle, thinks "outside the box".
- Self-starter that works well independently with massive responsibility.
- Almost an obsessive attention to detail and highly organized.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines at one time.
- Outstanding verbal, written and overall communication skills.
- Comfortable and effective at working in a fast paced team environment while managing individual priorities and duties efficiently.
- Positive attitude and a great desire to make a massive impact day 1.
- Sense of excitement to work for a small and fast growing company.
- Not afraid to be stern and demanding with vendors to ensure we receive the product on time and of the highest quality.
- Must be willing, able and eager to execute all responsibilities listed below on a daily basis.
- Manage the production life cycle of all products.
- Issue and manage inventory purchase orders, invoices & documents for production.
- Maintain production timelines, update delivery calendars, and communicate actively with factories and internally.
- Ensure on-time delivery of all samples and production according to budget.
- Work closely with logistics team to ensure all stock arrives in the correct warehouse and on time.
- Manage QC to ensure all product meets the highest of quality standards.
- Provide WIP status updates to management on all vendor PO’s to manage production schedule for all categories and styles.
- Work closely with the design team to ensure information provided to vendors is complete, accurate, organized and completely understood.
- Review and communicate via calls and emails daily with external overseas vendors and internal departments.
- Develop seasonal buy placements per vendor and prepare buy projections with each vendor allocation by season.
- Develop and maintain seasonal and yearly production calendar and manage seasonal costs.
- Work with overseas factories in Vietnam, Guatemala, India and others.
- Work with finance manager to analyze and negotiate product costs to maximize margin.
- Approve final vendor costs for each season and reorder.
- Ensure adequate inventory levels are maintained at all time for both the retail and wholesale business.
- Attend and follow up on all meetings related to production with cross-functional teams and overseas vendors when necessary
About working at Sunshine Tienda:
We’re a relaxed and fun yet highly focused and very dedicated bunch that absolutely love what we do. We live our mission to “be vacation happy” and every day we help our customers do the same. We’re a young but fast growing company and this position would be an amazing opportunity to get in on the ground floor and make a huge impact!
Email cover letter & resume to: email@example.com
Sunshine Tienda is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions solely on the basis of merit.